Student Success Manager - CDD (14 Months)
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all. OpenClassrooms is a startup founded by Mathieu Nebra and Pierre Dubuc. We’ve been going through a hyper-growth phase since our last round of series B funding in the amount of $60M during the first half of 2018. Over 3M people per month train themselves on our platform. Our goal is to confirm our current position of the European leader of online training.
At OpenClassrooms, the Global Operations Team is here to guarantee ROI for our customers: students and employers alike. The Team ensures our students and employers get the best possible experience with us. The Student Success side of the team handles both inbound reactive customer support and outbound proactive student success. From choosing their course to completing their projects, addressing churn, graduating and finding professional success, we’re there every step of the way to offer a helping hand.
We’re expanding our proactive Student Success Team to help us proactively reach out to our growing number of path students. We take Student Success seriously at OpenClassrooms. Our Student Success team is dedicated to going above and beyond for our students day in and day out. We are looking for an individual with exceptional customer service skills to deliver world-class service to all of our students and ensure they achieve their educational goals on our platform and help us retain the students who struggle during their training... You are a customer success guru, you love interacting with people and solving tricky problems... “Continuous improvement” is second nature to you as you obsess over details and persist to make things just “perfect” for our students. If that’s you, then you might just be ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
Reports to the Global Director of Student Success.
You will be the point of contact for a portfolio of students
- From onboarding to graduation, build programs that delight students and improve certification rates.
- Help hundreds of path students per week via email, phone, chat, social media, more to come), troubleshooting their progression and attendance issues, answering their questions, and proactively reaching out to them with a view to maximizing students’ progression.
- Our Student Success Managers handle 50 to 100 tickets and about 20 calls per day in Zendesk.
- You’ll work on technical and non-technical student success problems alike, pertaining to educational content and programs, platform usage, social and financial aids...
- You will set up and deliver action plans to help students with progression difficulties and to put them back on track.
- Community manage our students' community on Workplace by Facebook (data-driven content planning and creation, social media community management, etc.)
- Deliver top-notch self-service:
- Write documentation and develop resources (tutorials, how to’s, etc.) to help students help themselves on our Help Center
- Leverage CRM tools and email marketing to scale student success programs
- Work on projects related to improving our best practices, self-service, documentation, and tech tools
- Monitor, analyse and tackle the churns and drop-outs among our students
- Nurture the students who wish to take a break during their studies.
You will manage the global student community
- Extract, analyze, organize, and present Student Success related data to:
- Measure the impact of our Student Success efforts on our student community and continue iterating towards excellence with a data-driven approach
- Ensure we hit our targets. Here are some of our KPIs: graduation rates, path completion rates, CSAT, NPS, outbound calls, self-service score, engagement rates on our community tools, and more
- Organize, analyze, and escalate student feedback to help our Product Team improve our educational platform and Content team to provide the best courses in our field.
- Experiment through iterations with a continuous improvement mindset in order to improve our internal processes and create efficiencies
- When it comes to process creation, we go by what we call “the golden cycle”: Discover (do it yourself manually), standardize (make sure the process is manually replicable), actually processize (document in writing on our internal Wiki, Notion. so), and automate (with SaaS tools and technical developments)
- Turn existing time-consuming processes into sustainable and scalable automated tasks.
- Route specific queries to other departments when appropriate. You should be comfortable discussing product capabilities and be the students’ voice internally
A true passion for education coupled with a business-driven mindset. You can align with both mission and revenue goals.
- Desire to work in a performance-focused, KPI-oriented team and in a transparent environment
- A love and natural affinity for service and customer satisfaction. You’re naturally empathetic and able to communicate in ways that empower, not belittl
Your professional acumen
- Strong time management and prioritization skills. You can multitask like no one else
- Ability to work autonomously: you can work several hours with minimal supervision and be able to report quickly and accurately on your daily activity.
- Strong wish to give and receive feedback frequently in a nonaggressive fashion and regardless of seniority or rank
- Flexible and adaptable to work in an extremely fast-changing environment. Your job duties will change and evolve constantly
- Creative problem-solving skills
- We work when our customers need us so you need to be able to work on a set schedule
Your tool stack
- This role will primarily serve the French market. Nevertheless, you will be part of a global team, and we require excellent communication skills in both French and English (C1 level at the very least in both languages).
- Advanced MS Excel skills (you own Pivot Tables, maybe even Excel Macros)
- Data analysis skills to review, understand and act on internal reports
- High level of comfort with SaaS tools and platforms. You can ease your way through virtually any online tool within minutes
Bonus Points if you geek out on: Automation (Python programming, Excel, Zapier, etc.), CRM tools, SQL query writing, API integrations
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Master’s level of education
- 5 to 10 years of overall professional experience
- 5+ years of experience in a customer success role with KPI’s
- 2+ years of experience working at a SaaS Startup
- 2+ years of data-driven social media or community management experience
- Experience with ticketing tools (Zendesk, Freshdesk, HelpScout, etc.), and experience with our tech stack preferred (Slack, Zendesk, Zapier, G-Suite, AirCall, Asana, CRMs, etc.)
- Experience with reporting tools (Tableau, Periscope, Advanced data analysis features in a spreadsheet)
The journey starts with a phone interview and a meeting with the Hiring Manager.
Then we plan face to face meetings with:
- Director, Student Success
- VP, Mentorship and Student Success
- and a few other people from teams across the organization
You will be asked to provide us with professional references
You will be asked to perform a short test
Feel free to get the gist of who we are: https://openclassrooms.com/courses/how-do-we-work-at-openclassrooms
WHAT WE OFFER
- Highly competitive salary: as we said, we take Student Success seriously here at OpenClassrooms
- Public transportation in Paris and suburbs for free (Pass Navigo paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Health insurance for free (“Mutuelle” monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at the max authorized by law)
- Access to the gym for free
- Unlimited days off and a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- Access to remote working
- A company MacBook
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children.
More information here: https://visa.lafrenchtech.com/4/french-tech-visa-for-employees