Student Success Team Lead
OpenClassrooms is accelerating its development and is looking for people passionate about making education accessible and helping its students land their dream job.
At OpenClassrooms, the Student Success Team is here to guarantee ROI for our students with the best possible training experience. The Student Success team handles both inbound reactive student support and outbound proactive student success. From the onboarding to the diploma, we’re there every step of the way to offer a helping hand.
The Student Success Team lead will be responsible for leading and coordinating the Student Success team of 10+ talented individuals, all dedicated to leading the OpenClassrooms students to succeed and graduate in a timely fashion. The Student Success Team lead will indirectly manage a team of Success Managers, who report to the Director.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record as a customer success manager in a Saas environment, with a strong experience managing a team.
Reports to the Students Success Director.
Manage the Student Success team
- Support the daily management of the student success team
- Coordinate a team of highly motivated managers and apprentices, keep motivation at the top to deliver five-star service to our students during their training and graduation periods.
- Lead by example by managing your own set of student cohorts to success.
- Follow on the team’s individual goals and continuously improve their performance, quality of delivery, and productivity.
- Meet 1:1 with Success Managers to track KPIs and adjust them to the yearly activity. Follow-up on weekly cohort objectives.
- Lead standups and checkpoints
- Support the Director in creating training plans for new team members and new processes.
- Work on projects related to improving our best practices, self-service, documentation, and tech tools
- Manage quality control of tasks
- Document processes and procedures
- Reporting powered by data to improve performance, graduation, and satisfaction indicators
- Identify maintenance and corrective actions in existing processes for the continuous improvement and scalability of our activities.
- Thoroughly document and reports the activities of the team (cohort management, engagement events, graduation tasks)
- Secure a smooth cascading workflow of communications in-between the teams
- Run Student Success projects in close collaboration with the student success director
- From onboarding to graduation, run and maintain programs that delight students, improve student retention, and scale within a rapidly growing business.
- Assist in the launch and delivery of quarterly pilot projects to maximize the student experience
- A thorough report on final results and analysis of new initiatives
- 5 years experience in customer service in a SaaS environment. A love and natural affinity for service and customer satisfaction. You’re naturally empathetic and able to communicate in ways that empower and motivate others.
- 2-5 years experience in managing a team following KPIs
- You strongly wish to give and receive feedback frequently in a nonaggressive fashion regardless of seniority or rank.
- You have strong project management skills, prioritization skills, and creative problem-solving skills.
- You are perfectly bilingual in French and English.
- You have strong data analysis skills.
- You have a real passion for education coupled with acute business acumen. You can align with both mission and revenue goals.
- You want to work in a performance-focused, KPI-oriented team and a transparent environment.
- You are flexible and adaptable to work in an extremely fast-changing environment. Your job duties will change and evolve constantly.
- You work when our customers need us, so it requires working on a set schedule.
- A high-level of comfort working with SaaS tools.
- You can ease your way through a new tool within minutes.
- Zendesk, admin level
- CRM, manager level
- Advanced MS Excel skills, pivot table level
- Bonus points if you geek out on: automation (Python programming, Google scripts, Zapier…)
Action-driven: you are curious about quickly testing new initiatives, collecting results and feedback before scaling your efforts:
Data mindset: you make decisions based on reliable data you collect and challenge your stakeholders based on specific metrics;
Work environment: experience working in a fast-growing company, where speed is critical;
Coach attitude: you are a player but most & foremost a strong coach, able to motivate & inspire your team to become every day better at what they do;
Collaborative: you communicate constructively learnings collected from clients, and you build processes in sync with other teams;
Passion for making a difference: you are interested in ed-tech and how online education platforms can have a social impact;
Tools: knowledge of Zendesk, Hubspot, Salesforce, and Tableau would be a plus;
English required: you have at least a C1-level of English.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work environment and a strong culture built on agility, openness, respect and high quality
- A competitive salary
- Health insurance (“Mutuelle”) monthly fee entirely paid by OpenClassrooms and remote medical consultations for free
- Access to professional development training sponsored by OpenClassrooms
- Pass Navigo entirely paid by OpenClassrooms
- Meal vouchers (Employer contribution at 60%, the max authorised by law)
- Access to the gym for free (Gymlib paid by OpenClassrooms)
- Unlimited days off, and after 1 year at OpenClassrooms, a 1.000€ premium once a year for 15+ days off taken
- “Remote First” work policy
- A company MacBook
Feel free to check our online course How do we work at OpenClassrooms to get the gist of who we are.
👉 OpenClassrooms is a French hyper-growth company eligible for the French Tech Visa program. That means, for foreign candidates, benefiting from the accelerated procedure to apply for a "Talent Passport" residence permit. There is also a simplified "accompanying family" procedure available for spouse and dependent minor children. More information here.
👉 Working at OpenClassrooms means joining a dynamic and stimulating team, take up challenges, meet awesome people every week, and change the world, a little bit, every day!