Talent Development Director
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all.
At OpenClassrooms, the Human Resources Team proactively finds innovative solutions to support the company scaling up. Across all the HR fields of activity we dare implementing innovative solutions, then we measure and assess the quality of the output prior to setting up the plan to improve and thrive. We’re just aiming at offering to our people best-in-class HR support so they can work serenely and deliver with passion against our mission to make education accessible.
We want to provide to our people an amazing journey with us, from their on-boarding time that must be something unique they have never had the chance to test somewhere else, to once on board, a lifelong learning experience. We aim at giving to all of them access to training, individual development and career opportunities. In a nutshell, that is the Head of Talent Development key role to bring our people through a unique and exceptional individual and professional experience from the time they start their job at OpenClassrooms all through their career with us.
To lead our people development strategy to success, the Head of Talent Development is a seasoned professional with significant experience in managing training plans, talent reviews, succession planning, cultural fit. You must demonstrate an exceptional passion for instructional innovation, be curious and convinceful, express passion and have a deep caring attitude. The ideal candidate will be extremely well-versed in full-cycle training. You most likely have a strong Learning & Development background and get excited about innovating and building up our talent development strategy. People say you’re a simplifier; you have a natural tendency to automate pretty much any business process or task and build on budget demand. You are a team player and have the proven ability to break down silos across the organization. In this role, you will be at the heart of OpenClassrooms collaborating with every department from Sales and Customer Success to Tech and Product. You often take initiatives and are constantly on the lookout to learn new things. You are ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
Reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
In this role, you will:
- Design HR Talent Development & Learning initiatives and drives execution utilizing effective project management practices and skills. He/she will be responsible for supporting the design of learning and development activities, communicating tools and resources effectively to the Leadership and the OpenClassrooms Team and ensuring high quality execution and measurement for continuous improvement
- Ensure all of the OpenClassrooms employees attend at least one training a year
- Maintain and improve the existing language training offer in support of making OpenClassrooms a bilingual company
- Promote a culture of performance, our principles and our mission
- Ensure right mindset and behaviors according to our principles and our mission are sustainably supported (specific courses dedicated to unconscious bias, non violent communication, diversity and inclusiveness) an measured (employee satisfaction survey).
- Own our on-boarding process and ensure that all of the newly hired employees are enrolled, have a mentor and achieve their training path in 6 months. Embed within the standard on-boarding process specific plans and programs by function (Sales, Customer Success, Technology, Education, Leadership)
- Gather qualitative retention data by conducting and analyzing employee exit interviews
- Create and manage the OpenClassrooms Alumni network
- Maintain our “How do we work at OpenClassrooms” course
- Architect and execute talent development programs to drive professional growth and accountability across the organization; create a cohesive, world class overall training & development program for our employees. Personally hold training sessions and workshops when relevant
- Consult with the business leaders to understand their leadership and management development needs. Have in place an ongoing tracking training plan to continuously assess, develop and coach our leaders
- Ensure the budget for design and execution is managed efficiently and transparently
- Implement and/or maintain meaningful dashboards and data to drive budget, measure progresses and provide analysis related to engagement, ambiance and culture fit. Own the employee survey process and tool.
- Lead relevant internal communication and engagement efforts to ensure that employees have knowledge of and access to L&D curriculum
- In partnership with the CHRO, support annual talent programs such as the Talent Management Review and Succession Planning
- Champion for the development of high potentials and high performers identified in the Talent Management Review; ensure creation and follow through on developmental action plans agreed to with their managers.
- Lead HR communications and administrate the Notion HR pages
- In coordination with the Talent Acquisition Director, support & coach internal talent throughout the mobility process and give them exposure and visibility on next steps. Become a co-facilitator to ensure retention, promoting a culture of performance, inclusion, & diversity to build an outstanding employee experience
- In coordination with the HRBP, develop and maintain the competency mapping of the company.
- Explore and identify the upcoming new set of competencies in preparation of the future needs of the company and design the related training paths to be early activated.
- Promote internal continuous re-skilling programs
- Highly detail-oriented and capable of wearing multiple hats
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the entire scope of people development
- Comfortable using multiple SaaS tools and platforms to increase efficiencies
- Highly analytical with a data-driven management approach
- Strategic thinker who brings solutions to virtually any problems or challenges that come up
- Automation mindset: you have a natural tendency to eliminate useless tasks and make processes simple
- Ability to interact at all the levels
- Excellent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 level at the very least in both languages)
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at OpenClassrooms, you will not just be here to tell people what to do
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s or Masters’ level education
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of startup experience
- This is a global role. We require at least 2 years of international experience