Talent Development Director
There’s a revolution currently taking place in the education and training field and you want to be a part of it. You feel strongly about access to education and you may have even taken a few MOOCs or online classes yourself. Come help us make education accessible to all.
At OpenClassrooms, the Human Resources Team proactively finds innovative solutions to support the company scaling up. We’re aiming at offering our people best-in-class HR support so they can work serenely and deliver with passion against our mission to make education accessible.
We want to provide to our people an amazing journey with us, from their onboarding then through a lifelong learning experience. That is the Talent Development Director’s role to bring our people through a unique and exceptional individual and professional experience from the time they start their job at OpenClassrooms all through their career with us.
To lead our people development strategy to success, the Talent Development Director is a seasoned professional with significant experience in working through talent development, culture transformation and career management. You must demonstrate an exceptional passion for instructional innovation, be curious and convincing, express passion and have a deep caring attitude. People say you’re a simplifier; you have a natural tendency to automate pretty much any business process or task and build on budget demand. You are a team player and have the proven ability to break down silos across the organization. In this role, you will be at the heart of OpenClassrooms collaborating with every department from Sales and Customer Success to Tech and Product. You often take initiatives and are constantly on the lookout to learn new things. You are ready to join an agile and fast-moving structure, with the goal to make education accessible to all.
Reports to the Chief Human Resources Officer.
The Talent Development Director is accountable for our talent development strategy, he/she:
- designs development & learning initiatives and drives execution utilizing effective project management practices and skills. He/she will be responsible for communicating tools and resources effectively to the Leadership and the OpenClassrooms Team and ensuring high quality execution and measurement for continuous improvement
- owns our onboarding process and ensure that all of the newly hired employees are carefully enrolled and welcome
- manages the training plan using our platform and pedagogical standard, making sure every employee gets effective training every year
- maintains and improves the existing language training offer in support of making OpenClassrooms a bilingual company
The Talent Development Director is instrumental in promoting, valuing and strengthening our culture, values and principles, he/she:
- develops management and leadership skills and capability
- promotes a culture of performance and a mission-driven mindset
- puts a strong focus on diversity and inclusiveness and works on helping people understand and manage their unconscious bias
- helps our managers and employees behave according to our principles (we care, we dare, we persist, we tell like it is) and in respect to our mission
- designs programs to help managers to promote and value our employees, celebrate individual and collective successes
- pilots programs to assess, measure and improve employee satisfaction and engagement
- maintains our “How do we work at OpenClassrooms” course
- implements and/or maintains meaningful dashboards and data to drive budget, measure progresses and provide analysis related to engagement, ambiance and culture fit.
- owns the employee survey process and tool (Supermood)
- leads HR communications and administers the HR pages in our knowledge base
The Talent Development Director architects career management and people growth, he/she:
- owns and pilots our skills and jobs classification tool and processes (Clearwage)
- in coordination with the HRBP, develops and maintains the competency mapping of the company
- cares that offboarding is managed with care, respect and sensitiveness
- manages the OpenClassrooms employees Alumni network
- in partnership with the CHRO, supports annual talent programs such as the talent reviews and succession planning
- promotes the development of high potentials and high performers
- in coordination with the Talent Acquisition Director, supports & coaches internal talent throughout the mobility process
- explores and identifies the upcoming new set of competencies in preparation of the future needs of the company and design by anticipating the related training paths.
- promotes internal continuous reskilling programs
- Highly detail-oriented and capable of wearing multiple hats
- Deep knowledge and understanding of the entire scope of people development
- Comfortable using multiple SaaS tools and platforms to increase efficiencies
- Highly analytical with a data-driven management approach
- Strategic thinker who brings solutions to virtually any problems or challenges that come up
- Automation mindset: you have a natural tendency to eliminate useless tasks and make processes simple
- Ability to interact at all the levels
- Excellent English and French communication skills, both written and verbal (C1 level at the very least in both languages)
- You must be a world-class individual contributor to thrive at OpenClassrooms, you will not just be here to tell people what to do
DESIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Masters’ degree preferably in human resources although a sales or business degree is appreciated too
- 10+ years of professional experience
- 2+ years of startup experience
- This is a global role. We require at least 2 years of international experience